View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #8
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Is anyone else at the point where FM is too complicated? In FM17, I put a ton of hours into it developing a team and working up through the ranks over 30+ seasons. I even watched every game.

I've put in around 100 hours on FM20 and it just is not grabbing me at all. It feels like it's so difficult to scout anything at all. When I pick a few formations, I feel like I have to know so much more about the formations in the newer games to the point where it takes the fun out of the game. No matter which team I take over, it seems like I'm outshot 10 to 1 in most games. Sometimes I just want to sit down, pick a formation, scout for future superstars, and watch it play out on the pitch. I don't want to deal with all the other small things.

Hell, maybe it's just me.

I’m with you, have been like this for years now.

Although I’ve grown up playing and watching football, and have a reasonable tactical when attacking (OK, defensive knowledge is next to zero!) I haven’t been able to understand how to tell the game what I want to do probably since 2014? Maybe earlier?

Much like FOF, I would be interested in Director of Football role within the game, ideally picking the basic formation and players, but then leave the roles, player instructions, etc to my manager. And then being able to watch the highlights without knowing the score.

Last time I looked, the first half of that is just about possible with gameplans, but the second half isn’t, and when I asked I got short shrift about the likelihood of it happening!

But until it does, I’m going to have to pass again
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote