View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #783
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I saw something about an article yesterday but I don't care enough about how the sausage is made to read it. The more I've removed myself from going all in on favorite teams, the more I've enjoyed sports. FSU will either come back in the next decade, or it won't. Life will go on. My brother is a UF alum and knows the pain of a long rebuild. And they have money and a far larger donor base.

In all seriousness, the optics of canceling makes it look bad, but over a dozen games are being canceled every week now based on as little as a single positive, so this was probably the right move. It also has the side benefit of eliminating another embarrassing loss.

Clemson, Florida State, coach battles and the inevitable challenges of playing in a pandemic

I don't know if this was the article. I read it yesterday and it lays out why both teams were right. This part was very relatable giving the conversations that we all are having regarding holiday plans and family members with different outlooks on Covid.

Quote:
In this case, Clemson's medical advisors told Florida State's medical advisors on a Friday night call that a symptomatic player had been with the team during the week, and they received a positive result from Friday testing upon arrival in Tallahassee. Clemson believed it could safely play; Florida State had major concerns over a symptomatic player being around his teammates because it had much more stringent policies in place in dealing with symptomatic players.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote