View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 01:47 PM   #36
Hammer
College Prospect

Do you work in the field? You seem pretty certain. I am itching to discuss this with the other half, but she gets sick of talking about it. When she is in the right mood I will bring it up. She is in no way an expert in vaccines, I will double check what she said to me came from a reliable source.

I understood that whether they work or not is decided quite quickly, rather than far down the line. If you are a professional in the field I won't doubt what you say though.

I do also recall her saying £670k has been spent on a PR company to sell this vaccine to the public. Rightly or wrongly I don't take what I see and hear on tv, or even read, as gold.

Certainly her fear factor of Covid19 is not high. Complications in healthy people is so rare than she hasn't encountered it in our large town. There have been a few hundred cases. At worst comparable to a bad flu where you may be ill and off work for 2 weeks, but feel like shit for a month. Many people have the antibodies but don't get ill at all. It would be fair to say the virus has been over sold, to get us to comply. A real risk to older people, very contagious, but just bad flu at worst to healthy young people. Of course when you get in to the thousands, there are outliers where it has been lethal to healthy young people. But extremely rarely.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote