View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #69
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Well, Thanksgiving’s complications worked themselves out. The retirement community in which my in-laws dwell would require them to go into full quarantine for 2 weeks if they were to make the 15-minute drive to our house on Thanksgiving Day. (Us going there is not an option. They’re allowed a max of two visitors at a time due to COVID.) They willingly opted out, so no relational issues will arise from us having Thanksgiving with just the four of us.

Christmas is another story. They only have three grandchildren, two of whom are ours. They haven’t seen their other grandchild in well over a year, and if my wife’s brother comes to GSO with his family, there’s no room for them to stay with my in-laws, so it’s either with us, or we come out of it as the jerks who forced them to pay to board their dogs AND spend money on a hotel.

The in-laws were supposed to attend an outdoor gathering tonight in the cul-de-sac in which they dwell in the retirement community. It's supposed to rain, so they've volunteered to move the event to their garage and house. IF everyone involved followed the rules at Thanksgiving, it should be fine, since it's still a quite closed community of people. That said, it's well within the realm of possibility that one or more of the couples attending tonight snuck away for an extended family Thanksgiving meal...