View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 09:35 PM   #75
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
You think I’m reading these massive info dumps???

Joking aside, I have read some of his shorter posts to get the gist of where he’s coming from, (I mean, he went to Duke Medical, did residency at Johns Hopkins, and was a teaching/researching physician for over a decade, I’m not gonna just throw everything out,) and I’d say it’s a combo of 2 and 3. I think the bottom line is that he thinks it’s treatable to a larger degree than most people/doctors think. And he really, really, really hates PCR tests, whatever those are.
It's come up a bit in the threads recently that as much as those in the forum age range are scared of infecting their parents because the elderly are at higher mortality risk, a lot of those same parents are pushing for risky family oriented behavior because they figure they only have so much time left anyways and they want to see their grandkids (or travel).

It's part of why I was asking about the vaccine effectiveness - if it's like other Coronavirii (and I think it will be closer to that than yearly flu vaccines) we should wait until the vaccine is administered, but if it's only temporary then we should start accepting a world with higher risk and understanding that some people even in higher risk groups can he allowed to make a decision that elevates their own risk.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote