View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #870
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's more assassin's creed with a bit less focus on being stealthy and more on Viking raids and combat.

The world is huge and interesting although the early game story pacing is weird. Some things happen with little explanation and it jumps around a little. Once you leave Norway things pick up and the story gets better and the pacing seems better.

I don't think the setting is as good as Odyssey or Origins but that may just be me. It's a very good game (assuming you enjoy the AC series) that a lot of reviewers are saying is either the best or among the best AC games. I'm not ready to say it's better than Odyssey yet. I'm just getting into the Settlement stuff and raiding England so I'm still fairly early in the game though.

Yeah, so I think I might be done for now with this one about halfway (???) through. It's not a bad game, but it's insanely long, each area is basically a variation of "go here, do these 3 quests and fight a big bad" and it just doesn't feel like an AC game when it's basically impossible to stealth anything for very long. The settlement stuff does nothing for me, I don't like that the skill tree is basically just a giant mash up of adding attributes to the same areas and I don't like any of the "cutaway" sequences either.

It's a shame as Odyssey is probably one of my favorite games of the last 5-10 years, but then I wasn't able to get into the one afterwards either, so maybe it's not AC it's me?

With Phoenix Point and soon Cyberpunk fighting for my gaming attention in the next month, we'll see if I ever got back to it.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote