View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

$595.8k profit last month. We now have $4.517 mil in cash, but $2.468 mil. in the red for the year, probably because of the staff I dumped.

Jaromir Jagr and Ilya Kovalchuk repeat as Player and Rookie of the Month respectively.

Mark Eaton's bitching about PT again. We're 1-3 without him in the lineup, so he finally wins his argument. Too bad Sheldon Souray would have to clear waivers to get to Milwaukee.

Nashville 3 Vancouver 3
Another late goal allowed, along with two power play goals. Simon Gagne nets two goals of his own, but it's still frustrating not to win a game we should have.

Dallas 9 game unbeaten streak. New Jersey still has 21 as the season record, and since we just started, universe record.

World Junior Championships (U20)
Here we go! One of my favorite parts of the EHM season. We have three prospects going, but I don't care. I didn't draft those guys so it doesn't matter. I'm all about finding the hot new guys I want to pick for my team.

Sweden's the favorite to win it all.

Ottawa is the latest Petr Sykora rumor. 8 game unbeaten streak for Colorado. A couple of fat contract extensions, the most critical of which is Evgeni Nabokov signing a 4 year, $3.5 million per deal with the San Jose Sharks.

Curt Fraser out as Atlanta head coach. George Burnett takes over, breaking the cycle that predicted Don Hay as the new Thrashers top man.

Chicago 4 Nashville 1
Another two power play goals allowed. I don't know what we need to do in order to kill the power play, but this is definitely hurting our playoff hopes, not to mention being super annoying.

4 year, $9.5 million per for Keith Tkachuk of the St. Louis Blues and a whopping $11 million a year for two years for Paul Kariya of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Put that in perspective - our entire team payroll is $26.1 million, so Keith and Paul, each by themselves, would make almost half our payroll and the two combined would leave us only $6 million for everyone else.

Ryan Hammond of the US gets a hat track in the opening game against Belarus. The Ohio State right wing is ranked #116 in the CSB rankings. Germany's Bastian Barkai scores two goals in his own opener, though I forget against who. The left wing is ranked #25 overall and will definitely be in our sights for a first round pick. Both players go on the short list.

Nashville 9 Buffalo 0
That's one way to get our frustrations out! Two goals each for Sergei Krivokrasov and Chris Drury, the latter also assisting on two for a total of four points. Scott Walker, David Legwand, Vitali Yachmenev, Simon Gagne, and Martin Erat were the other scorers in this record-setting victory. One of those goals was Krivokrasov's 100th. Mark Eaton got a career high in points with 12 after an assist.

$6 million a year, 3 year deal for Byron Dafoe of the Boston Bruins. Eric Lindros has managed to stay healthy shockingly and wins Player of the Week. $6.5 mil, 1 year for Brian Boucher and the Flyers. A comparatively cheap $5 mil, 1 year for Jarome Ignalia with the Flames.

Steve Ludzik fired by the Lightning as head coach. Atlanta sacked their GM but I care more about the coaches than I do the GMs. Al Arbour is hired in Tampa Bay. Don Hay and Craig Button, the former Flames head coach and GM, are still jobless.

I try to see if Calgary can be talked into parting with Ignalia. Sadly, no.

Kjell Bystrom of Sweden catches our attention after the 6-3 win over Norway on Day Two. 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points. He's ranked #67 left wing.

Vancouver 7 Nashville 2
...Ouch.

$7.5 million a year for 5 years for Radek Bonk, who got a nice extension from the Senators, even though he doesn't seem all that thrilled in Ottawa. Money talks, though.

Calgary 4 Nashville 1
Now we're not just getting beat, we're getting beat bad, and by bad teams.

Finland/Sweden, Slovakia/Germany, Russia/Japan, Canada/Czech for the U-20 QFs. USA got screwed by Germany for a quarterfinal spot.

Edmonton 4 Nashville 3
Two assists for David Legwand, but we're in the need of a major shakeup, I think.

Finland pulls off a major 5-4 upset of Sweden. Kjell Bystrom gets his 5th goal of the tournament and an assist, but it isn't enough.

Slovakia edges Germany 5-4 and there's a number of good looking prospects on the Slovak team - Vratislav Jedlicka, Ondrej Turczany (#17), and Borek Prucha (#108). Can't find Jedlicka in the rankings, so perhaps he just missed draft eligibility this year.

Oh look, the Canadiens making the same stupid trade offer as before. Go away, Montreal.

Russia beats Japan 6-3, which is no surprise. Canada finishes the Czechs 6-3 behind three power play goals.

Finland/Canada and Russia/Slovakia semi-finals. I'm betting on Canada/Slovakia final with Slovakia winning it all.

Calgary linked to Henrik Sedin.

San Jose 5 Nashville 3
Slide continues. I don't like Scott Walker's name because it's the same as an asshole governor of Wisconsin who needs to be recalled. Greg Johnson with his 100th goal. I don't care.

Darcy Tucker of the Maple Leafs wins Player of the Week, but everyone ignores that because they're talking about...

Nashville Predators receive
R Petr Sykora

New Jersey Devils receive
R Scott Walker
L Scott Hartnell
R Petr Tenkrat
R Timofei Shiskanov
D Jonas Andersson

What this means for the Predators
Nashville wasn't one of the destinations for Sykora, which makes this deal stunning. The Predators have been in a swoon and they aggressively react by acquiring Sykora, who recently signed a $3.4 million, one year extension. Set alongside Chris Drury, Nashville now has a pair of young franchise forwards to build around.

What this means for the Devils
Sykora surprisingly didn't get a longer deal which may have played into New Jersey's willingness to trade him. So what did the Devils get? A promising 19 year old left winger in Hartnell, a capable veteran in Walker, another young player in Tenkrat, Nashville's best prospect in Andersson, who recently played for Sweden in the World Junior Championships, and another prospect in Shiskanov. Walker and Tenkrat will be the Devils' #2 and #3 right wings, Hartnell the #4 left wing.

Winner: Draw
Nashville gets another star talent to go with Drury, while New Jersey gets the kind of depth that could very well deliver them the Cup. The Devils are now believed to be happy with all of their position situations.

Canada knocks out Finland 6-3. Four players with three goals so far this tournament. That's some serious balance. But Russia prevents me from a perfect Final and also upsets my champion pick Slovakia 6-3. Gregor Merkulov snags three points, including goals 4 and 5. Don't see him in the ranking list either.

Now Sheldon Souray is upset about PT. He and [b]Mark Eaton[/b just can't co-exist it seems.

Finland sneaks past Slovakia 5-4 to win the Junior World bronze medal.

Steve Yzerman gets his 1,000th assist and Brendan Shanahan gets 1,000th point in the same game. Pretty damn cool. Would have been even more awesome if the two happened on the same play, but alas it didn't.

Nashville 3 Calgary 4
2 points for Petr Sykora in his Preds debut, but another god damned loss. And it wasn't even an OT loss.

Canada wins the World Junior title, beating Russia 6-4.

David Legwand gets career high in goals and points. I don't care. I'm depressed. I forgot how much I suck at this game.

I shortlist all the top point scorers from the Junior World Championship in addition to those I've already listed, and send our elite scout to check them out.

Phoenix 5 Nashville 4
OT loss. 3 assists and a goal for Simon Gagne, but who cares? It's another defeat. It's also Gagne's career high in assists with 33.

It's the 18th. Let's pause here before we lose again and I get bitchslapped by media criticism and get even more Eeyore.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote