View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #36
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, from what I see in my league plus what I have gleaned from the aether... it seems that my *big* mistake was taking OJ Winters at pick 1.6. Not that he didn't give me everything I could have asked for from a workhorse RB, but I lost a ton of capital by taking him there when he could have been had far later in the draft. It looks to me like taking Briggs at QB (duh) and being there to say "wow, that sleeper RB Winters sure is falling" was the real way to go here.

I suspect the core ideal team includes Briggs, Winters, WRs Newman and Reeves (?), and one or two additional top players. From my draft positions (less than optimal, I'm sure) I could have taken LT Clemons at 1.4, Briggs at 1.6, Newman at 1.12, and then dealt down from 1.16 to pick up Winters in the late 1st/early 2nd, and added perhaps another pick or two in the middle of the draft to try to use to grab one more semi-capable CB or DE. That's got to be a lot closer to the ideal plan -- Mayhem has a few strong ratings and was a mild creeper, but it's clear to me that the difference between him and Briggs is monumental.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote