Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Race to the World Tour Finals
Initial post-Wimbledon Standings

In(6k+, or Slam Champions)

Mateo Kaspar -- 10,410
Prakash Mooljee -- 6,000
Guus Dircx -- 4,970

Dircx has been the picture of consistency, which will soon start to be rewarded at a higher level I expect.

Probable

Gillo Fangio -- 5220
Johnny Browne -- 4110
Martin Zarco -- 3770

Fangio still has some ground to make up on Mooljee despite a good year overall. Browne meanwhile was great in the summer last year, and can kiss the Top 4 good-bye if he can't repeat that which seems quite unlikely. Even Zarco seems pretty safe right now.

Contenders

Ariel Borja -- 3200
Sigmund Kronecker -- 3110

Long Shots

Jake Jolland -- 2250
Tomas Niklas -- 2140

Niklas' 9th position in the overall rankings is a mirage; he finished well last year and has racked up some solid points in smaller events this season. Aside from the IW final, he's done little of consequence and I don't think he's a serious threat to get back into things. Janin(10th) is doing even worse and didn't even make this list. To call both of them vulnerable where they are is a gross understatement.

It seems there is something weird going on with almost everybody outside of the Top 8. Schmucker could be at least a minor factor but skipped a couple of Masters earlier this year. There's nobody at all in position to remotely challenge Borja and Kronecker. What you see is what you get here. Gotta be the strangest, most top-heavy list I've ever seen.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote