Race to the World Tour Finals
Post-Shanghai edition

In(4945 to qualify)

Mateo Kaspar -- 17,000
Martin Zarco -- 6,590
Ritwik Dudwadkar -- 6,300
Guus Dircx -- 5,720
Gillo Fangio -- 5,055

Now the field finally grows to five, but after Kaspar the order could still switch around some. Dudwadkar has pushed into a solid #3 spot with his recent strong results.

Probable

Hsuang-tsung Teng -- 4665
Prakash Mooljee -- 4155

Teng is nearly in, while Mooljee still needs one more decent event to confirm his spot for what I'm sure will be the final time.

Contenders

Valentin Rosenberg -- 3845
--------------------------
Sigmund Kronecker -- 3660
Ruben Piazzola -- 3655

A few months ago it looked like Rosenberg had his spot all but locked up. That is decidedly no longer the case after a first-round exit in Shanghai and good results from a couple of others here. He's still got the best chance but will go into Paris needing to win a couple matches most likely.

Long Shots

Milos Schmucker -- 2890
Johnny Browne -- 2890

Barely hanging on to hope, but neither have a realistic shot.

Meanwhile in news from my players, Chiba now ready for his final futures push. He'll start playing tier-1s and will need to win four of them, possibly five, to make his way into the challenger level. That won't happen until next year, but he'll get at least one, maybe two opportunities yet this season. Conundrum whether to accelerate tournament schedule with singles-only again now. Practice has gotten a little easier and better opponents would help -- but that would mean getting into the challenger wall when he's a little less ready for it. Overall though I think it's better to move up through the futures ranks since he is capable of finishing that off now, so it is time to hit the gas again.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote