View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #359
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
That's a really bad idea jeans level idea. Maybe if you screen the hell out of them, but otherwise hell naw.
Yup. It's not fun to talk about, but a sizable portion of unemployed veterans are suffering from some sort of PTSD, and the last thing we need is crazy people with guns and actual military training in schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You have to be 21 to buy a handgun in Florida. There is a 3-day waiting period.

You only have to be 18 to buy a semiautomatic rifle and there is no waiting period.
The craziest part about that is I guess that's a federal law, not some Floridian quirk?Attention Required! | Cloudflare Though in Florida you also apparently don't need any permit to concealed carry long guns or rifles.

Btw it is interesting that the "gun control" debate (and btw, congrats everyone, because we found a way to spin a gun control debate off into a completely new direction, discussing inherited wealth in the colonies, instead of rehashing the same talking points for once! ) still gets talked about like it can only be solved nationally, but it's perfectly legal for states to ban AR-15's, high capacity magazines, etc, like Massachusetts and a couple other states do. (California, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut iirc. Maybe Illinois?). The way the 4th Circuit defined them they don't fall under the 2nd Amendment, but >80% of states choose to allow them. If I was trying to effect change I think giving up on Congress and focusing on slowly pushing more states on the margins to adopt stricter gun laws would be my play.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 02-16-2018 at 10:27 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote