View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #551
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If we had taken out the dike system, it would have annihilated North Vietnam. They were off limits though. The North used to set weaponry on top of them because they knew the U.S. wouldn't touch them.

I know it's weird to think about but the U.S. was actually restrained at many points during the war. For the amount of bombs dropped, civilian deaths were not as high as they could have been had the U.S. not been so careful with their targets.

This sint a counter argument, its sort of precisely my argument. Your counter point would be that US military officials were restrained when fighting the Vietnamese, but would be ruthless blood thirsty assassins when (theoretically) fighting their own people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
If you claim you need guns for home defense then you really don't need more than one.

This would assume you walk around with your 1 gun in your hand or on your person at all times. My home has 8 exterior doors. (11 if you count 3 sets of french doors as 2 each)...I have the ability to reach a weapon in no more than 1 step from every one of these doors.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote