View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 11, 2011 -

We continue to play much better under Ozzie. We are now 15-18. Today, I'm starting at home vs the Rockies who are 15-19. Their lineup:

CF Scodd Podsednik
RF Brad Hawpe
3B Garrett Atkins
C Chis Iannetta
1B Todd Helton
SS Troy Tulowitzki
2B Frank Catalanotto
LF Carlos Gonzalez
P Jason Marquis

I'm disappointed that Blake isn't starting for us today. Instead, we have the following lineup:

CF McLouth
SS Wilson
2B Sanchez
C Doumit
3B Conor Gillaspie
RF Kearns
1B LaRoche
LF Brandon Moss
P Me

1-2-3 1st in which I struck out Hawpe.

McLouth set the table early and we got a 3 run 1st that featured a 2 run homer by Doumit.

Struck out Helton in the 2nd on a 99 MPH fastball. 1-2-3 3rd. 1-2-3 4th. Despite allowing 1 hit earlier in the 2nd, I've faced the minimum 12 so far.

Helton with a 1 out double in the 5th. He took it just past LaRoche down the right field line. I get the next two batters to fly to 1st and the catcher.

Back to back singles to start the 6th with the top of the order coming up. Podsednik with a RBI single to right. My arm still feels good, but I'm getting hit hard right now. I need to dig back and get some strikeouts.

Wow. I put something extra on it and got Hawpe to strike out with a 99 MPH fastball low and inside. Atkins hit a fast chopper right at me, I turned and threw to 2nd starting the double play to get out of the inning.

Up 3-1 as I take the mound in the 7th. Ianneta hits a 1-1 fastball to deep left for a solo homerun. Helton with a line down the right field line and my night is done. I just hope my pen doesn't blow it for me..

Burnett comes in and gets out of the 7th, but Lopez gives up 2 runs in the 8th to cost us the game. 4-3 loss.

6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 3 K, 0 BB.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote