View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 27, 2011 -

We've are on a 6 game losing streak. We are now 22-26. I need to turn it around. Tonight, we are hosting Arizona.

Struck out Upton on a 0-2 curveball to start the game.

Struck out Upton with a high fastball in the 3rd inning. The next 2 hitters, Stephen Drew and Conor Jackson get singles to get men on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. Mark Reynolds is at the plate. Struck him out with a 99 MPH fastball on a 3-2 count.

On an 0-2 count, I get a bunt down to move a runner to second. He later scores to give us a 1-0 lead as I take the mound in the 4th.

Sanchez with a spectacular dive and recovery to throw out the leadoff hitter. Struck out Snyder with a 1-2 changeup in the 4th.

Terrible start in the 5th as I walk the #8 hitter and then a passed ball allows him to advance to 2nd. At least, a nasty fastball causes the pitcher to pop up his bunt attempt. Upton grounds to 2nd moving the runner to 3rd and then I walk Drew on 4 pitches. A 1-2 96 MPH fastball to Conor Jackson that is a bit high and inside gets called a 3rd strike and I'm out of the inning.

Still a 1-0 game as I take the mound in the 6th. A 0-2 curve strikes out Reynolds to start the inning.

I step to the plate with 1 out, a man on 2nd, and we have already scored 2 runs. I bunt the runner to 3rd as instructed.

3-0 lead as we enter the 7th. The leadoff hitter hits a 2-2 curve into right field for a single. They bring in Reed Johnson to pinch hit. I pop him up to the catcher with an inside fastball. Upton hits into a 3-6-1 double play to end the inning.

A 3-2 fastball gets away from me and walks the leadoff hitter, Stephen Drew, in the 8th. Conor Jackson flies out to shallow right for the first out. Darn, I get Reynolds into an 0-2 count despite my fastball losing its zip, but then the 0-2 curve gets away from me and hits him in the back to put men on 1st and 2nd. Ozzie pulls me after that pitch.

I'm happy to see that my pen got us out of the jam and we won the game 3-0. That is my 4th win of the year and I'm named player of the game.

7.1 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 6 K, 3 BB, and 2 (or 3 HBP.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote