View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #415
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
dola

According to CNN Exit poll in 2000, Clinton had a 57% favorable rating and 65% of voters thought the US was on the right track.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2000/res...ex.epolls.html

Yes, I know that very well. I simply took issue with "a strong economic situation", which we did not have in 2000.

Quote:
Not sure what to do for you if you can't understand what I was saying. Never said Bush wasn't a moderate. I said he had to go to the right because of the pressure Buchanan applied during the primary. This distraction set him back a little bit. I'm surprised you took such a strong reaction to this, because it wasn't even a criticism of Bush.

My reaction had nothing to do with Bush (which you know I have no love for, nor the neo-cons), but the erroneous phrase of "far, far right" in general. Whether Bush had to go right of Buchanan (whatever that mean since it's hard to pin down Buchanan on the spectrum) or whether Bush was there all along, I don't know. No, my reaction was simply that even a hardcore neo-con would not be considered far right, when put in perspective of true single-line political/cultural spectrum.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote