Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #70
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Liar's Dice is another classic game and my favorite on this list. Each player gets five dice and a dice cup. You roll your dice and hide them. The starting player announces his bid, and the player to his left must either call or raise him. A raise is considered increasing the value of the die or increasing the number of the dice. For example, the starting player might bid 5 2s. The next player can raise to 5 3s/4s/5s/6s, or he can move to 6 2s. 1s are wilds. You can also bid a number of wilds, but they are scattered around the board, IIRC 1 wild is a bigger bid than 2 of another number, but less than 3 of a numner. If a player does not wish to increase the bid, he may call. If the total number of dice in play show at more than the bid, the person that calls, loses dice equal to the difference in the amount of the dice and the bid. So if 12 2s was bid, but there were actually 15 2s, the player that called loses 3 dice. If the bid is exact, all players except the one making the bid loses a die. If the bid is less than the number showing, than the bidder loses the difference. This is a great game for casual gamers and is a good drinking game as well.
Interesting. I'm used to playing a game (Perudo) that at BoardGameGeek is tagged as being the same game, however, the bolded part sounds different. The way I'm familiar with that game, is when the bid is exact, the calling person gets one lost die back, upto the max of 5. If the bid is less or more, the person being wrong loses just one die, not the difference. Also, 1s are including in the bid, but they get discarded when someone calls.

Not sure which is better (if either is better), but the way I'm used to playing it, I like it very much. One of those games I don't see myself turning down to play.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote