View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #143
Izulde
Head Coach

So I've applied to UC-San Diego and am applying to Columbia University, Old Dominion University, University of Virginia and McNeese State.

They all have things about them that attract me, though I obviously have a ranking list in mind, which I won't reveal here. As far as my chances of getting in.. let's just say that getting into an MFA in Creative Program is going to be difficult no matter which one you apply to. It's that competitive.

That said, the most selective school on my list is the University of Virginia. 630 applications for less than 10 spots, but then, you might expect that from a program that's one of the Top 5 in the country. Iowa still remains the gold standard, but I have absolutely no interest in Iowa. Columbia, as a point of comparison, typically has 600 applications and accepts 80-90.

As far as funding, all of these departments offer teaching assistantships and/or fellowships that I'd have a good shot at, although most of Columbia's aid doesn't kick in until the second year.

Deadlines:
UC-San Diego - December 1st (applied already obviously)
Columbia - January 2nd
Old Dominion - February 15th
Virginia - January 4th
McNeese State - 30 days prior to registration

So after I get all these applications done, I'll basically be freaking out with nervousness until April.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote