Thread: Next WW Game
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
maybe i'll try to make one if no one else wants to. I'll have to do a bit of reasrch so i don't get anything wrong though lol.

Danny, Roanoke was an english colony that was sttled in america in the 1500s. Some went back to england (i think) to get supplies and when they came back the colony was a ghost town, not a single trace of any of the people existed. There are a few theories about what happened but til this day no one knows. The only thing left behind (this part is probably just legend) was a single word carved into one of the buildings: Croatoan

Yup, Roanoke would be interesting.

Just to add further, there were reports in years after that of meeting Native Americans from the area who had blue eyes, suggesting some if not all of the village may have joined a tribe (or were forced to join).

The head of the village was Sir Walter Raleigh, who was a well known English Renaissance man of sorts back then. He was the one who returned to England for supplies.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote