View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #328
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Of course it is!

My Friday morning weigh-in turned into a Saturday morning weigh-in due to the fact that it was impossible to get out of bed for work yesterday, so my routine was all messed up.

Start: 234.5 lbs (9/4/06)
Previous: 226.5 lbs (9/15/06)
Current: 224.5 lbs (9/23/06)
Goal: 195 lbs (3/4/06)

I was a little nervous getting on the scale, since my exercising was basically non-existant this week. But I'm fine with the results, since my eating habits are still strong.

Ugh...this is from almost 2 years ago. Well, a lot has happened since then. Back then I was in the middle of a serious relationship which hung on for less than a year. I was still living with my parents, which also went on for about another year before I decided that while saving so much money was awesome, not having my own space and not being around most of my friends sucked. Now I'm living in Manhattan which is obviously awesome, but no more fairly healthy dinners cooked for me. Over the last 10 months, my dieting success has gone up and down, and overall I thought I did better than it could have been (it's hard not to eat out or order in a lot with all the great food here). Obviously being in the city means more going out, which means more drinking, which leads to more late-night eating. As for exercise, I have an awesome gym on the top floor of my building, so that's helpful, but again I was very on and off with that.

Two weeks ago I committed to eating much better than I had been, and also to getting to the gym everyday if possible. I weighed myself around Memorial Day and saw I was 221.5 pounds. Still, after seeing the above post I'm glad that I'm actually down a drop from that time. In these two weeks, I'm happy with how I've been eating, and as for the gym -- I missed one day the first week, and this second week, I missed both yesterday (closed for the 4th) and today (headed home to my parents' house early and was nursing a hangover from yesterday's festivities.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and update this post then. I don't have a scale in my apartment, so I might just monitor my success by feel for awhile, or maybe I'll go out and buy one. Probably a good idea, but in the past I've had trouble not getting on the thing every damn day which usually leads to discouragement. So for now...

edit (updated):
Start: 221.5 lbs (5/27/08)
Current: 215 lbs (7/6/08)
Goal: 190 lbs (12/6/08)

The 210 mark seems to be a bit of a plateau for me going back a few more years, so I know it won't be easy, which is why my timeline is pretty conservative.

Last edited by Logan : 07-06-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote