View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #316
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
So, do you see Perez as the starter at GK going forward into the dynasty? I find it interesting that he's not gotten more of a look given that you gave him such a high salary to sign. He's seemed to do quite well in the write ups that you've done for his games.

Do you believe he's the answer to your better GK quest?

Tell

The short answer is yes.

I think I'm a bit jaded after so many other goalkeepers have come in here and not produced behind Wilke so I'm being perhaps overly careful in giving Perez Cup ties or easy league games.

He still hasn't grasped the English language yet and I get notes every game about him still trying to fit into the squad so until that goes away, I'm going to keep giving Wilke the majority of playing time. And truthfully, while Perez has been great when called upon, this may be Wilke's finest season yet! His average rating right now is over 7.20 for the season, a pretty spectacular number for a keeper.

It's amazing that he's been with us since our League 1 days and still is producing at such a high level. That all said, Perez is definitely the future and I'm elated that he's done so well in the early stages with our club.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote