View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #288
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hard to speculate how they set up the game, but can speak to the books at least. Male channelers would definitely not be Aes Sedai, and in general channeling as a man was basically a death sentence and/or resulted in you being "gentled" by Aes Sedai and losing your ability to channel.

We might only have one male who can channel, him being the dragon. If there are other male characters who can channel, there could be a "false dragon" who has the ability to channel but isn't the actual dragon. There were lots of those over the years in the books. If the forsaken is a male character, they'd also be able to channel.

Not sure if I'm answering your question here, though. What are you driving at in terms of the separation of factions/channelers?

That helps... I was wondering if the male channelers were part of the factions generally or whether they needed to be shadow. Not sure that either really makes more sense out of the roles but trying to wrap my mind around it all. I am trying to figure out the roles within the game set to verify why EF would do what he did. I don't have a good explanation... his claim with 1 minute was just so odd.