View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #22
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

6 March 2015

Youth intake day might be my favorite day of the Football Manager calendar! I've always hoped I could one day stick with a save long enough to see my first youth graduates establish themselves in the club--or fail to, as the case might be.

There are several youth candidates who might have some real potential. The best of the lot might be Graeme Marsh, who combines pace and flair with an exemplary work rate and loads of determination. Graeme can play as a striker, but he's more comfortable playing in an advanced midfield role. My assistant, Charlie Webb, thinks Graeme might be the best player to come through our youth ranks in years.

The staff also rate Jamie Willett, a mercurial winger, highly. He's slightly less polished than Marsh, who might be able to play right away, but his upside is considerable.

I also like Joseph Byrne, a wide man with a resolute personality, and Jason Gill, a scrappy midfielder.

It seems that Webb's personality and coaching style had a significant impact on several of the lads, including Byrne and John Roberts. The youth class is full of players whose Determination is very high, and I like that a lot.

I watched the kids play against our Under 18s, whom I reinforced with several senior players who haven't gotten much playing time. The kids lost, 3-4, with two goals from Marsh and one from Roberts. Gill conceded a very unlucky own goal.

I can afford to offer youth contracts to all the young lads, so that's what I am going to do. That should mean I don't have any more grey guys on any of my three teams.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 06-05-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote