View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You MAY NOT coordinate with others for race/class combination. Just pick what you want and pm it to me once we begin, which is really far away, like next week.

Sign Ups begin tomorrow, Wednesday, at NOON EST. I will post that sign-ups are ready, and then anyone who posts after that is in.

You must pm to me your class/race combination, starting weapon and other choices (such as spell) no later than Noon, EST, Saturday.

The game will technically begin Sunday, but the first action will not be until Monday Morning, Apr 2nd.

The Day:

Each day is divided into the following:

Morning Action Deadline - 10 am
Movement Deadline - 4 pm
Afternoon Action Deadline - 9 pm
Evening Action Deadline - 1 am

(All times are EST)

You may take one action during each action phase. If you want to do a non-action (such as heal) that will be done in the same pm and at the same time.

Although this game has more deadlines that normal, I suspect it will not require your participation as much as some games in the past. As long as you check in around the deadlines, you should be fine.

Remembering that most characters will not even need to make the Evening Action Deadline, since you will need to sleep, you will only need to worry about the other three deadlines. You don't even have to send a pm for the Evening if you are sleeping, it is automatically assumed. If you want to do stuff for the evening regularly, take the Sis'Sharr race or trade for all of the items that allows you to take an Evening Action.

In a normal WW game, many players find themselves logging on and reading and doing a lot of catch up at a variety of times during the day, and the time commitment can be an hour or more per day with one deadline. here, the amount of time should be much less (unless you want it to be more) with fewer posts and info in the thread. However, you have more deadlines during the day.

I am happy taking actions by e-mail if you can't access FOFC during the work day or something.

Notes from the first Dungeon:

This iteration of The Dungeon will have some more visible mechanics such as XP vs level and the damage various spells and weapons deal. Also, there are more classes, races, and many changes to existing rules so make sure you read them just as carefully as if you were new. Some rooms were retained from the first Dungeon, some appear to be retained, but have been changed. And some are brand new. Similarly, magic items and monsters that made appearances in the first game may be just as powerful, weaker, or stronger. There will be new weapons and new monsters, and some will be retired.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote