View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:22 AM   #1518
hoopsguy
General Manager

In the middle of a monster mid-week migration, so this is the first I'm seeing of the end-game.

I had no idea that Ardent had viewed me that early in the game, but I have mixed feelings on the seer hanging onto the knowledge for a few days. Great when it works, brutal if he gets snuffed randomly before that. But props for keeping us in the dark on your role for those first few days.

I'm bummed that not one survivor was willing to accept that I had indeed been a victim of circumstance, but I'm not sure what other argument I could have put out that would have been remotely consistent with my actions when going toe-to-toe with Ardent. And getting both the seer/lovers/lynch victim in one day seemed like a good trade-off for us. And the final vote for Dubb was intended to cast some doubt on him, but that didn't seem to happen at all. I didn't think people would look at my vote as being that transparent, but would think that perhaps I would put the vote on a wolf in order to clear him. I was very surprised this never came up in the Barkeep/Dubb discussion one way or the other.

Ardent, you were exactly right on the three villagers up for vote being a kick for us as wolves. The first few days the votes were very tight between villagers and we were able to lay pretty low while the villagers lynched their own. Particularly the herbalist ...

As far as how we played as wolves, I can't comment on the last couple of days, but in terms of the night actions we were playing for the kill seer/lover/cursed over the sure thing with the witness. We didn't count on there being two of each, however. Our thinking was that if we mauled the seer at night then we were pretty set for the game. If we mauled the lovers at night we were in solid position as well, since we would be making a big move with numbers.

I wish Barkeep had been around to push his fake blessed play earlier in the day. I felt like Dubb really got a lot of momentum that morning and early afternoon when Barkeep wasn't around to rebut his points.

Tons of more stuff that I wanted to discuss when it was closer, but like most WW games those points fade away after you've been hung for a couple of days. But all in all I enjoyed my first time starting as a bad guy. Thanks for putting the game together, Neon.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote