View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 12:20 AM   #171
Radii
Head Coach

So I've got 18 guys on my roster (19 counting GK Lewis Martin out on loan).

I've only brought in one loaner so far. Gonna briefly review my depth chart here:

GK

Starter: Lynch
Backup: Martin, sort of.

51 goals allowed in 41 games for Lynch last year seems great given my attacking formation and mindset. His ratings are really good and he's only 21 and improving. I am not looking to replace Lynch at all and am pretty attached to the idea of Lynch continuing to grow with the team. For now, I definitely feel like I can succeed in League 2 with Kevin Lynch in goal.

DL

Starter: Nikolaou

Backups: All guys who primarily play elsewhere. Thomas/Williams/Sloma. That's pretty much acceptable since I brought in an extra DC and MC/AML are loaded spots.

DC

Rotation of Thomas/Williams/Fenton/Christian Smith.

I feel like Mike Williams is my best player here. The other three I'm hoping one stands out early in the year. Fenton is 33 and is unlikely to play a long string of games in a row, there's room for these four.

DR

Starter: Ricky Anane

... backup Stelios Nikolaou. That's it. I like Anane a lot but the fact is that he was not even a starter in the BS South when I took over this team. I don't have depth here and I don't have as much confidence in my starter here as I do elsewhere. I've had a number of loaners rejected here, working on it, but yeah I *have* to do something here.

MC

Starters: O'Sullivan, Pulis

Backups: Arter, Herd, Sloma

I have a lot of confidence here. I'm not looking for loaners/replacements here until these guys prove they can't cut it.

AML

Starter: Jesus

Backups: Steve Clapham, Sloma

i haven't discussed Clapham at all. He's a loaner ready to come in, I delayed a week, but I'm going to bring him in. more on that when its finalized.

AMR

Starter: Ademola

Backup: Nope.

This is the same with Anane. First off there is NO depth here. I assure you I have had countless loan offers rejected. Secondly, Ademola was on my roster in my first BS South season and did not start consistently. Ademola averaged a 7.00 rating in 30 matches last year. Still, I think this is a position I could find a massive upgrade loaner.

ST

Starters: Harsanyi/Subotic

Backups: Sole/Cousins

I have the opportunity to bring someone in here, but I feel like I need to focus more elsewhere. Subotic and Harsanyi are quite probably the two best players on the team.

This depth chart was done mainly for my own benefit as much as to report for the dynasty. Glancing through the roster I felt DR/AMR were my weak spots, I haven't looked for a second for GK or MC on the market, and I wanted to look closer to make sure I was comfortable with that.

I had originally wanted to bring in loaners specifically at AML, AMR, DC and DR. Signing Christian Smith on a free transfer has me set for now at DC. Now I *really* need to sign a DR and AMR, whether it be loaner or free transfer.

One last thing... this is the first time I've had room to play with the transfer budget slider. Right now I have a $25.5k wage budget with $0 transfer budget. I'm only spending $19,790 on salaries right now. I could obtain a ~$60k transfer budget by dropping my wage budget to $24.5k.

My scouts and coaches are recommending fellow league 2 players. The only ones I looked at closely before bed last night were strikers. I could actually bring in a striker for $8k right now who would be deemed to be my #3 striker. But I'm not doing anything like that until I fill AMR/DR in some capacity. Giving myself a transfer budget is an option that I'm exploring seriously though.

tl;dr

Summary: I need to sign an AMR and a DR rather desparately. I have another loaner that I had delayed confirming at AML that should come in during my next post. I can drop my wage budget a bit and get a transfer budget if I want. I'm considering it.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote