View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #173
Radii
Head Coach

New Signing

We make a big splash following the trialist match.

Welcome DR Abu Ogogo to the squad. He's a physical monster, 13 pace/15 accel/16 stamina/13 strength/13 fitness.

He's totally got it together mentally, not a single mental rating below 9 (flair and creativity are 9...), bravery/determination/work rate 13, everything else in the 10-12 range.

Technically he's a good marker and good tackler, his passing is only 6 and heading only 5, those things could be weaknesses. But this is a guy that I'm excited about.

3.5 stars, scouted as "would be a leading star for any League 2 side"

And boy he better earn it. I've pulled out all the stops to sign him, offering him the max salary I'm allowed to offer to anyone, $2600/wk. He's a league 2 vet, having played the last 4 years in a row for Dag & Red. It looks like they've used him as a midfielder though and he's had ratings in the 6.85-6.95 range for them. I'm assuming midfielder based on the fact that he had a 10 goal season and has more assists than I'd expect from a DR. I have very high hopes for him to be a star defender.

Lastly, he was born in England, so there's no worry about him struggling to fit in here(a concern w/ an African sounding name, I'm 1 for 2 bringing in guys from the African continent so far).

With this signing we are down to $2300/wk in extra wage budget. I'll be bringing in the AMR I'd mentioned putting on hold in my last post, he's not this expensive IIRC, and then will be looking for loaners to bolster the squad as the season starts. Past this if I decide to bring in new players it will almost certainly be at the expense of selling/giving away the players I'm replacing.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote