View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 AM   #180
Radii
Head Coach

August 24th, 2013

Woking @ Wycombe

Wycombe are 4:5 favorites at their house today. Wycombe got out of the equivalent of the BS Premier back in 1993 and haven't looked back. They went up from league 2 to league 1 in 1994, stayed in league 1 for a decade, and have been bouncing back and forth for the last 10 years. They've finished 21st, 17th, and 18th in league 2 the last 3 years.

Back to the opening day starting lineup for us, just with Ademola over Downes.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: O'Sullivan/Pulis
AM: Jesus/Ademola
ST: Harsanyi/Subotic

Our coaches, scouts, and the pregame report all identify different players as Wycombe's big threats, and they all look to suck... I feel like we ought to have more talent here.

We open up in a defensive mindset on the road.

5': Subotic picks up an injury, he's down under 70% fitness and is listed as hurt so this may be more than a one game deal.

8': Their left midfielder Atkinson is FAST. He's dominating Ogogo one on one

19': Their man Atkinson got by Ogogo again receiving a pass, their first clear cut chance, saved well by Lynch.

HALF: with extended highlights there were a couple things not worth noting before going into the half. They control possession 57/43, they take 6 shots to our 1, and their AML Atkinson terrifies me countless times.

I use two of my subs at the half. Anane in for Ogogo. Ogogo "likes to get forward whenever possible" and seems to be struggling to sit in a defensive mindset. Sole in for Subotic who is hurt and just playing poorly.

58': We beat them to a ball in our end after a corner, Pulis plays a long ball ahead, Harsanyi is first to it but has a defender right on his heels. He tries to slide it to Sole who is coming in hard from the right but the pass is just a little off and the defense clears it before we can generate a shot.

79': Herd in for O'Sullivan. We still only have one shot today. I'm terrified to come out of our defensive shell though.

93': We generate two attacks in extra time, the first one though Herd puts a long shot miles wide. The second one Sole tries to pass the ball back to a midfielder and misplays it, leading to a furious 2 on 2 attack for Wycombe. We are able to block a shot and force a corner, we end up desparately defending the final 2 minutes but hold on.

Wycombe 0 : 0 Woking

Man of the Match is DL Jordan Clarke, one of my favorite players that I've loaned in multiple times, he's now on loan with Wycombe.

On our side: Lynch (7.2), Smith (7.4), O'Sullivan (7.1), Ademola (7.1), Anane (7.1).

Anane in for Ogogo was a very key sub for me, Ogogo was going to cause us to lose there.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote