View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #181
Radii
Head Coach

Subotic is out 5-7 days with a bruised rib.

Loan Acquisition

Welcome MC Matthew Ball to Woking. He is a reserve on League 1 side Norwich. We scout him as "much better than our leading midfielder" (who that #1 midfielder is varies depending on scout between Herd/Pulis/O'Sullivan) and a player "who would be a leading star for a League 2 side"

Ball is 20 years old with good physical attributes, 10 pace/13 accel, 14 jumping/14 strength to help with those balls in the air in the midfield.

17 teamwork, 13 work rate, 13 determination are some great mental attributes, good positioning, good off the ball.

16 passing with a good first touch(12) gets me quite excited. Our midfield is crowded but this is too good to pass up.

New Signing

And here's the controversial move of the season. I seem to take a leap of faith every year, and here it is. Even though I like my midfield, I like O'Sullivan and Pulis, Arter and Herd are acceptable backups who play very well at times, it seems like we have the chance to build a spectacular midfield, and I'm shaking things up and doing so.

Welcome MC Ed Upson, 23 years old, signed from League 1 side Preston. Our new loaner Ball was scouted as "a leading League 2 star", Upson is scouted as "a good signing for a League 1 side". A stronger physical speciamn than Ball, 12 pace/12 accel, 17 jumping (with 13 heading to go with it). A hard worker (13), good decision maker (13), 8-10 ratings everywhere else in the mental area.

His technical attributes are all around very very solid. 11 dribbling, 13 passing, 13 heading, 12 first touch, 12 technique, 9 marking/9 tackling for a potential to be slightly more defensive minded when O'Sullivan or Ball are in the Advanced Playmaker role. He really seems to not have weak spots.

This does open up the possibility of playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with a DMC, two central midfielders, two wingers and just one striker, though more likely we put Ball/Upson/O'Sullivan/Pulis in heavy rotation together and jettison Arter or Herd.

oh yeah, signing Upson puts me at my wage limit. Upson is going to earn $2600/wk and is now my highest paid player along with Ogogo. Upson was brought in for free with the promise to give half of his next sale money back to Preston.

Last edited by Radii : 09-03-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote