View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 03:45 AM   #197
Radii
Head Coach

October 26th, 2013

Woking(6-4-3, 8th) @ Rochdale(5-5-3, 9th)

Rochdale is barely favored 6:4 today, we're the 13:8 slight dogs. We'll see though, Right Midfielder Joe Thompson has a 7.47 average rating and 7 goals and they have a couple other noteworthy guys, this feels dangerous.

We replace Harsanyi with Subotic today.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Subotic/Pablo

We'll attempt to close down on Joe Thompson and MC Danny Whitaker, their two best players. On the road we'll go defensive as well.

8': On a cross rochdale attempts a header, its blocked by Lynch and out, falls to a Rochdale player who fires a shot off the left post and we finally clear.

10': Upson takes the blame on this one, he has a poor pass intercepted in our 3rd of the field, they get it to Striker Russell who rockets a shot from 25 yards out and its into the right side of the net. 0-1

24': there's a through ball from the left side of the midfield for Rochdale... wow the guy looks WAY offsides. but their man Moore runs onto it and puts it in. Jesus is furious and complains for the offisides, and I'll be attending the press conference to complain if I get the chance too. 0-2

36': Jesus makes a long run down the left sideline, he avoids one tackle, passes ahead to Subotic, there's a missed tackle there, allowing Subotic to run free into the area, he fires a shot and he finishes well, some relief before the half hopefully! 1-2

HALF: I have a hard time describing the last 10 minutes. I see Lynch make 3 different diving saves, I see him block a shot and dive the other way to save a shot off the rebound. I see our defenders ratings drop every time they update. I don't know how its 2-1. Seems like it could be 5-1 by now.

Rochdale take 20... TWENTY... shots in the first half. They put 8 on target and earn 4 clear cut chances, they hit the woodwork 3 times. We take 4 shots, 2 on target. We're lucky to be down just 1 and if we can have a better second half we're right in this thing.

49': their danger man Thompson gets down the right sideline and fires in a cross, its headed by MC Kennedy into the far corner of the net. Lynch stands and watches it go by, he had no chance. 1-3

We change to a standard mindset, maybe playing more aggressively gets the ball out of our end.

54': Upson plays a beautiful ball forward to Downes in the area, its our 3rd clear cut chance of the match, and he strikes it at the keeper...

73': Pulis in for O'Sullivan, Clapham in for Jesus, Ademola in for Downes.

75': Ademola runs into the penalty area with the ball, he slides a pass over to Pablo, he's got a point blank look, 8 yards out... and puts it at least 2 yards wide. The keeper was out of position due to the pass, wow what the hell buddy???

78': I was typing up the failed Pablo effort, they score. Didn't see how, don't care. 1-4

88': More good news from this shitpile of a performance. Ed Upson comes down hurt, his fitness drops to 50%, he stays on to finish it out but we'll see if there's anything long term afterwards.

Rochdale 4 : 1 Woking

Apparently we don't need to play playoff teams to start falling, wow.

Subotic earns a 6.8 rating with our only goal. I dunno why jesus didn't get the assist, maybe what I thought was a missed tackle actually was a change of possession in some way and Subotic won the ball back and took it in to score. Weird.

Ogogo (5.5), Nikolaou (5.8), Smith (5.4), Williams (5.9), Downes (5.9) all were terrible.

Upson was down at a 5.5 after his poor pass led to a Rochdale goal, but he recovered to play really well, winning 5 key headers and completing 48 out of 60 passes to put up a 7.1 rating, he did the best he could.

Injury Update

Could be worse for sure. Upson will miss about 2 weeks of action. We'd gone 6 league matches without a loss, so things are still looking great, but this was depressing to watch.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote