View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #664
Radii
Head Coach

The board is pleased with my leadership going into July. Our increase in stature is a positive, no negatives yet. We made $62K last month.

We have our preseason coaches meeting:

-- We have the youngest squad in the league.
-- We suck at everything else too, literally.

-- Arsenal makes an offer for our young GK Chris Mason. That says something about his value that's for sure. He's our GK of the future hopefully and we aren't letting him go.

Loans Out

I loan DR Clive Jackson to Leeds in the Championship. Jackson is an 18 year old hot prospect. I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays there.

New Signing

We make our first free transfer signing. I have a LOT going on right now but this one was pretty much a no brainer to get more experience out there.

Welcome 34 y/o DMC/MC Hassan Yebda to Ipswich. He was playing for Atalanta in Serie A but had yet to agree to a new contract to keep him there and we were able to sign him away for free. He scouts as a "decent player" despite his age and will be here for one season. He only asked for $13,000/wk which is about the cheapest request I have seen.

He's lost it physically and we'll see how he holds up, hopefully it'll be a case where his experience makes up for it. 9 pace/9 accel, 13 off the ball/13 positioning/16 anticipation, all other mental ratings between 11-14 as well, many at 14. 13 marking/14 passing/12 tackling, all his technical ratings are between 10-14.

Not a superstar signing but hopefully a good influence out there in a top league. Yebda can play DMC and MC just fine and could play AMC and anywhere on the defense in a pinch, but we don't want that to happen.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote