View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 04:50 AM   #669
Radii
Head Coach

Current Depth Chart

It's July 14th and we're about to play our first friendly and have brought a few players in. We've made so many offers of so many different types that it's a little overwhelming. When I signed Adriano I actually canceled a couple other offers to defenders that I had outstanding as a result. So lets take a quick break and see how the team looks:

GK: Murphy/(couple kids)

-- just fine with backup youngster Dominic Johnson playing for the reserves and ready to go in case he's needed and of course Chris Mason training as hard as he can to take over for Murphy.

DL: Kirkland/Adriano/Fryers
DC: Brown/Bruce/Fryers/McKerr
DR: Berthet/Adriano/McKerr

-- Could I maybe use another veteran DC?

DMC: Yebda/Coutts
MC: Donnelly/Soo-Jin/Coutts/Yebda
AMC: Gordon/Soo-Jin/Coutts

waaaay too much cross coverage here. We clearly must bring on one or two more midfielders. Yebda is the oldest guy we've signed, I can't imagine he's in shape to start many matches in a row at DMC either.

ST: Constantino/Khan/Lewis

We're actually a little thinner than we'd like to be here as well. I saw some veteran striker names go by in my flurry of scouting, I'll look for something cheap here.

Friendly #1

We travel to QPR. We weren't really much better than them last year, they made the playoffs in the Championship. Are we a lot better than them now? Probably not. We're playing at QPR today. Its scoreless by the half, though we missed one clear cut chance. I make all the subs I can (including reserves) at halftime. They score in the 66th minute after a lucky bounce off a cross. They score again in the 73rd minute on a great shot from 20 yards out.

QPR 2 : 0 Ipswich

Awesomely we hit injury issues right away, albeit small ones. backup DLC Zeki Fryers will miss a week.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote