View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #696
Radii
Head Coach

-- Zeki Fryers is absent from training again today. He's just unhappy here. When I took over he thought he was a first team regular but I just didn't value him that way and I don't think he's going to accept staying. I transfer listed him last year and he's still transfer listed. I think between Alex Bruce playing so poorly at times and Fryers' problems I'm going to have to look to sign a defender come january and offer Fryers away for really cheap if not free. I fine Fryers a week's salary for missing practice again. He accepts this and says he'll try to be less of a douche. I don't believe him.

October 28th, 2018

Sunderland(7-0-2, 1st) @ Ipswich(1-0-7, 19th)

Well this looks bad. We're 0-0-2 lifetime against them from the one year we made it up before. They're 1:2 favorites, we're 9:2 dogs. They're off to an incredible start, especially given their history. They finished 10th last year, that's their best finish since a 7th in 2000/01 almost 20 years ago.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Brown/Adriano
DMC: Guarin
MC: Mariga/Donnelly
AMC: Kang
ST: Khan/Lewis

ST Darren Bent leads them with 4 goals so far in 5 matches, a 34 year old worth $300,000 at this point in his career. Looks like he came to Sunderland for a $16.5M fee IRL in 09/10 from Tottenham. He's stayed with Sunderland his whole career, scoring 10+ goals 4 times in the last 9 years. Their top threat however is Nuno Goncalves, a 26 y/o worth $9.75M from Portugal. He's got 3 goals/2 assists and is identified as their dangerman... but never mind, Goncalves isn't starting today, in his place is 21 y/o Julian Barnes, an up and comer who looks alright too.

We start Lewis over Constantino today. We'll counter as usual.

18': Guarin picks up a yellow trying to win the ball to keep it in our attacking end. Slow game so far, 2 shots for them, none for us.

20': Adriano takes our first shot from pretty far out to the right after beating a defender... its wide.

21': They build up on offense after a terrible Khan turnover.. midfielder Arismendi takes a crack from 30 yards out and its just wide.

32': They're up to 6 shots now but all are way way off target but the one mentioned.

34': We earn a free kick from a long way out on the right side, Kirkland takes it and sends a long cross into the area, Donnelly wins the header, but its sent high.

35': They build up on offense and get it to their man Barnes about 20 yards out, he turns and easily generates space and fires a shot, Murphy makes a great save and pushes it wide. We clear the corner, but they recover and build up again... another long shot, and another close save for Murphy, and another corner... this one is headed out again but sent back in again, same as before... here though they shoot and put it wide.

HALF: They get a header on target near the end of the half but Murphy makes an easy save and we go to the locker room scoreless. They have 10 shots to our 3. Most of the stats are even, possession, passing/tackling/heading numbers. They got 8 corners that half to our 1, they were definitely the aggressor most of the time and any attempt to start up the offense just didn't work out. On to the second half to see if we can keep them scoreless.

47': the highlight opens with them taking a corner, its sent into the area, defender Hoffman wins the header at the edge of the 6 yard box and sends it into the back of the net... well that was fast. 0-1

53': They earn another corner and its almost 100% the same, taken to the same spot, only difference is that their striker Darren Bent headed this one in. Ah well... 0-2

66': Midfielder Cattermole with a yellow for Sunderland.

70': Fryers in for Bruce, Bojinov in for Khan.

74': Coutts in for Mariga.

79': Things completely fall apart for us as Bent gets behind our line to take a pass from a good distance away, he gets to easily drop it in the net once he controls it. 0-3

86': Defender Hoffmann with a yellow. Lewis with a free kick from 25 yards out, its blocked and stays in play, we recover.. but they take it away immediately.

Ipswich 0 : 3 Sunderland

Darren Bent is man of the match with 2 goals.

Adriano 6.0, Bruce 6.1 for us today. They just totally worked us over in the second half.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote