View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 12:27 AM   #778
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

This coming Saturday I am taking my son to a football camp. That part in and of itself isnt highly unusual, he loves football and he has been to several camps. This is a specialized camp just for O-Linemen. We knew this "camp" was pretty exclusive as its ran by 2 NFL OL coaches, 1 current 1 semi-retired.

There are 40 kids who are invited from the region and you cant attend without an invite. The cool and apprehensive part is this. My son will be the only Freshman in attendance. This is a full-contact, full-pad 12 hour day With (3) 2 hour "contact sessions" and the remainder filled up with classroom, film, exercise instruction and break/food times. We both just found out tonight that he is the only Fr.

For literally the first time in his life, I've seen him get nervous.

I'd lie if I said I wasnt a touch as well. We know there are 6 kids there who are rising Sr and have accepted D1 offers. Physical size isnt an issue. He can hold his own there, he is a big kid. Plus he has some experience as he played and started Varsity ball as a Fr last year. But as a parent sending a 15 year old to compete not just against 17-19 year olds, but ELITE 17-19 year olds well I have a touch of trepidation. Seeing him be a little nervous SHOCKED me.

Its 1:30 AM and I cant sleep thinking about it.

The twilight zone part of this?

Saturday is tax day. April 16th. 23 years ago to the day 4/16/93 I was a Fr in high school and in a weightlifting class on a Friday morning I tore my ACL...the injury that would eventually end whatever hopes of a football career I had. (When I reinjured/re-tore the ligament 5 years later)

Last edited by CU Tiger : 04-15-2016 at 12:29 AM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote