View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hoop Dreams [FBCB]

Per usual, I setup a league in the 30s because I like playing with a lot of history and I've been simming for about a decade already. There's an NBA parallel league but I'm not sure what I'm doing with it besides simming at the moment.

I'm in the mood for some rapid fire college basketball, but CJBL moves too slow and I need to get through seasons, look at some stats and be able to move teams around at will and do weird stuff with the FBCB.ini engine. I like where my stats are right now. During the post-season, I lower the pace of play from the regular season because it's a good way to induce upsets.

I've done some league merging since starting the league:
Quote:

Big 12 raided the Pac-12 and is now the Pac-16. The Pac-10 still exists in diminished form.

The MEAC folded after two more teams left. The remaining teams were spread amongst the Atlantic Sun, Patriot and NEC.

The Mountain West also dissolved after the Big 16 formed, with many of its members eventually [re]joining the WAC.

So that frees up a few auto-bids for at-large teams. Eventually, I'll probably re-add the Division 3 University Athletic Association [UAA] because its institutions are all D1 endowments playing, along with Johns Hopkins just who used to be a member.

The only schools I've added so far are St. Thomas, a D3 football school moving up to D1 to play FCS football and with the rest of their programs joining the Summit League.

Right now, there's no real rhyme or reason to this. I did start this game with a real player file and coach file so the historical records for coaches have real names and that's kinda cool. Besides that, a few seasons ago I made some adjustments to the height of players in the hopes of making it more like "positionless" basketball of today, even if it's just cosmetic.

Not sure where I'll go with this dynasty other than just wanting to churn out some seasons and report on what's happening. Maybe I can just report on seasons as I sim them for the time being. If something catches my eye and I get more interested in it, then perhaps I'll slow down or pull on that thread.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-26-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote