View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 03:12 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1938 CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT

Now that the leagues have been rated, some of them have awkward numbers and I'd like to consolidate. There is a consideration for some programs that you don't wanna leave a league you're dominanting for a league where you aren't going to have the same impact.

Here are the major leagues that could use some expansion:
Quote:
ACC [15 teams]
Big Ten [14 teams]
SEC [15 teams]
American [12 teams]
Big East [11 teams]

Obviously as those leagues expand lower leagues will realign to accommodate.

The WAC is too big, I don't want to recreate the Mountain West [though tempting] so I'm going to disburse those old MWC teams out of that league and into other ones more likely.

Wichita State wants out of the American because it doesn't really make any sense geographically, but going back to the MVC doesn't work either. They're a power program in this universe -- essentially Duke but in a terrible location -- and they have the juice to move things.

The Pac-10 having been raided by the Big 16 isn't the league it once was. Still, fresh off a title from Stanford and with the WCC only at 8 teams, the two leagues decide that it might be worth a merger that fills the western states with a true power league -- something it lacks right now -- and then wooing Wichita State and one of the WAC castoffs to create a 20-team power league returning to its old name the Pacific Coast Conference.

Several ACC + Big Ten schools create a spinoff league called the Yankee Conference in an effort to create a true northeast power league with an autobid.

1938 CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT
Quote:
Notre Dame [ACC --> Big East]
WCC [Merges with Pac-10]
Wyoming [WAC --> Big Sky]
UNLV [WAC --> PCC]
West Virginia [SEC --> ACC]
Virginia Tech [ACC --> SEC]
NC State [ACC --> SEC]
Rutgers, Penn State [Big Ten --> Yankee]
Maryland [Big Ten --> ACC]
Pitt, Syracuse, BC [ACC --> Yankee]
Army, Navy [Patriot --> Yankee]
Buffalo [American --> Yankee]
Air Force [Patriot --> PCC]
Colorado State [PCC --> Big 16]
Kansas [Big 16 --> Big Ten]

Next season, the University Athletic Association will join the NCAA D1, but they will not have an automatic bid until their 5th season. In addition to the core 8 members, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Cal Tech and Rochester Institute of Technology will join the league to give the league 12 teams to start.

My favorite part of new programs is that it creates new head coaching jobs in-game.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote