View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 02:55 AM   #67
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

2041 Draft

It's obvious that as our stud crew moves on that we're going to have the hardest time getting WR talent in the UDR pool I think. Maybe there will be some 40 rated veterans in the pool at the end of FA2, but we're probably well-served taking shots on receivers if we like guys with these picks. We like these guys. The tackle looks fun too. We'll find a spot for him.

We didn't break them down, but our crop of UDRs was kind of interesting last year. And yet they were such a far cry from our beautiful star babies that we're going to have to set free over the next season or two. QB Richey will turn water into wine in the next phase of his career. Right now he's turning wine into a drunken orgy.

I think we'll be able to find RBs in that pool. We did last year. I think we'll be able to get by with marginal TE talent. We'll need to draft some defensive players eventually but I'm going to keep moving the goal posts on when and how I let those guys walk away. (I swear I'm not extending anyone this year. Maybe Blackledge to keep retirement out of his head.) I don't think we'll be able to get legit pass rushers from the UDR pool but we might be able to cobble some position switch starters from the safeties and corners floating around. We'll see what happens. It's a problem for the future, but we're slowly losing pieces from the juggernaut.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote