View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #71
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Code:
Front Office Football Eight Hanalei Dragons 2041 Playoff Schedule Week Opponent Result Attend Weather Division CHICAGO NORSEMEN W, 24-16 60,900 Sunny, 70, 1 mph. League CHESAPEAKE CHITTERLINGS W, 24-20 60,900 Sunny, 53, 8 mph. Champ. vs Paris Musketeers W, 51-0 55,200 Rain, 62, 1 mph. Home Games in ALL CAPS Season Tickets Sold: 48,000 Stadium Capacity: 60,900

It was tough going in the first two games, and Richey had to bring us back from the brink in the 4th against Chesapeake. Then the Bowl was silliness with great play on both sides of the ball. Two punt return TDs from Pollinger just to get weird too.

QB Richey wins all the awards he can win again. WR Beeson is a 1st Team All Pro.

9 more sacks for Blackledge on the year. He is up to 128 for the career. The career record for this universe is currently 136, so I'm hoping Arnie comes back to at least grab that. I think we've helped his productivity by slimming some of his workload, but he was on the field for fewer plays than the year before by a pretty good chunk. Helped his PRPct, but if we're chasing sacks I probably need to look at making sure he's out there a tick more.

We've got one more year with Beeson and some of the other holdover WR talents. After that we'll have to rely on the guys we just drafted. The defense will have some key names but we're thinning quickly. Hopefully there's some draft talent we can grab to be ready/patch it together. The DL could be weak/thin as hell as early as next year.

I would guess we step back from what this was but are still very good next year. It's tough to build on 37 points per game and 17 allowed. We'll get mortal pretty quickly after next year though, if it doesn't happen sooner with some ageing dings.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote