View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 05:56 PM   #93
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

2044 Draft

I think both of the CBs are starters for us. They both look like they're going to tend toward being ballhawks over pure cover guys, with a heavier lean toward interceptions/punishing hitter/endurance than the standard coverage bars. I'm hoping they're solid enough to survive in the coverage stuff. I'm curious to kind of see if we can impact our lack of takeaways in this career by just flooding the secondary with interception bars. We've faced as many passes as any team in the league and our pick totals have ranged from pedestrian to putrid. The FB is looking at a conversion. I looked at a few different guys, and we really haven't utilized the TE spot a ton. Just seemed clear that Dennis was the most talented guy on the board. Anybody else was likely to be comparable to our FA2/UDR options.

We haven't really taken a fresh look at the offense in a bit either. Might be time to do that and bring our TE spot back to life as well. OC Deandre Hopkins is a 68 play capacity genius, even if his playcalling bar is below average. We've got the flexibility in our balanced attack to try some new stuff. (Or we'll be lazy and roll it over again. There's probably 60-70 TE targets in there if we just set the personnel screens right.)
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote