View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This thang is LONG, so I'ma post in in a few posts:

Let’s begin this uber-Brawl!

(36 mechs on our side, and 48 units on theirs!)

There’s no buildings or anything here where we met, just pavement, ruins, roads and dirt. No trees, elevations, or anything else. (We generated a random map at 26x26)

Turn 1 – We lose init. Because of the lack of any sort of defensive terrain, I expect this could be a fast brawl. Most of our units are level 1 tech, and all of their mechs are level 2. But we have some good mechs, like a triad of Awesomes, Thunderbolt, Warhammers, Stalkers and such. In battles like this, I like to fight in a line, with all of our troops having identical speed (we are all moving 5 hexes) and lining up around 12 mechs on the front line. I hop scout units 5, to make them harder to hit (thus less likely yo do so). Although hey, if you want to waste your time on my Wasp or Comet, go ahead. I have long runners like my Wolfhounds running behind on the next line back and we can twist and fire the long range weapons.

Crap. After an hour of movement, the new, supposedly stable MegaMek crashed…..

Blast it! Well, we had saved it at the beginning of movement. So now I have to do all of that again….Sad face.

Turn 1 Redux - We try again. Their Cicada falls twice while turning. Our main target is a Goliath, but I also send some energy into a Drillson, SRM Carrier, Griffin, and Caesar. Results? Lots of misses. Their G just took 40+ damage and stands, and their Griffin 20+. One of our Awesomes immobilizes their Drillson and our Catapult immobile’s a Po Heavy Tank. A boring first turn of fire.

Turn 2 finally arrives! We win init. I push our line forward another 5 hexes. They were not expecting that and back off a bit in some places. Multiple tanks push our position while mechs stayed back, arrayed against us (A smarter tactic than the AI normally employs). I hop our Ostscout next to a Vedette. Watchman runs next to the other Vedette. I run our Ostsol by their Condor Heavy Hover Tank. Our Wolfhound falls while running through rough terrain. I hop a Phoenix Hawk beside their Striker. Their Centurion runs over their Vedette and bases my Ostscout back. Their Cicada bases our Wasp. One of our Jenner’s runs up on their Brutus and next to their Von Luckner. Our other Jenner runs up to support it. Their Helios runs up and and bases a Jenner. Alright, weapons fire time –

Our Phoenix Immobilizes their Striker Light Tank
Their Puma Assault Tank destroys the LA of our Wasp
One of our Trebuchets stuns the crew on one of their Saladin’s for a turn
Their Alacorn Heavy Tank hits our Blackjack twice and destroys its LA
A Jenner stuns the crew on their Von Luckner
Their Brutus Assault Tank goes internal on a Stalker of ours and hits two arm actuators on the LA
Our second Jenner immobilizes their Von Luckner
Our Hunchback gets the first kill of the day. Dead Vedette – destroys the Left Side.
Our Catapult immobilizes a Po.
Our Stalker immobilizes a SRM Carrier and a Condor
Their Vindicator destroys the LT of our Wasp after hitting the SRM2 ammo and it explodes
Our Grand Dragon immobilizes a Rhino Support Tank
Their Axman’s AC20 hits the RT of a Jenner and destroys it.

Our Jenner falls. No other mechs do. An Awesome kicks and destroys a Condor’s front.

That was not a good turn for us. Sure, we savaged some tanks, but we lost our Wasp, and basically lost a Jenner and got a Blackjack savaged too. They haven’t had one mech that badly hit yet.

Turn 3 – We win init. I eject the wounded Jenner. This turn I back up the line a bit. Some more tanks advance on our position. I hop our Grashopper on top of their Po. I run our Dragon next to their Scorpion Light Tank. I run a Wolfhound next to the Scorpion too. Our Ostscout leaps next to the Po the Grasshopper is straddling. I hope the Jenner that survived last turn over too. Their Von Luckner crew abandoned the tank. Firing Time!

Our Phoenix Hawk destroys the SRM Carrier’s LS.
Their Alacorn destroys the LT of my Blackjack
Our Hunchback destroys a Scorpion Light Tank’s Front
Ultra AC5 AC from our Rifleman tears into their Saladin’s right side and its down
A different Phoenix Hawk hits the ammo in a different Saladin and it explodes.
Our Ostscout’s single weapon, a medium laser, stuns the crew on a Po.
A gauss slug from their Caesar smashes the H of our Blackjack and that pilot and mech are dead
ER PPC from their Vindicator nails an Awesome in the H and almost kills him
Our Warhammer 6D hits their Goliath and nails two leg actuators in the Front-Right-Leg.
Their Thunder hits the Large Laser on our Watchman and destroys it
Their Condor goes internal on our Watchman’s RL, and then rolls a limb blown off crit and the RL is on the ground
Their Helios hits a different Awesome’s head with a Gauss slug, and kills the MW and the mech drops. Two gauss head shots. ARGH!
Missiles from our Archer cascade onto their Vindicator, and some hit the head and black out the pilot.

These mechs fall – Vindicator, Goliath, Watchman

We miss a bunch of kicks on tanks, but no one else tumbles.

Wow. Lost an Awesome and a Blackjack. They still have not lost a single Mech, just some tanks.

Turn 4 – We lose init. I run the damaged Awesome up to their downed Vindicator. I run our Valkyrie up as well. Then one of our Marauders does as well. They can’t rise their Goliath. Their Galleon Light tank slips behind our Rifleman 3N. Our T Bolt charges a Po. I eject our Watchman. I run a Trebuchet on top of a remaining Vedette. They hop a Wasp next to a Rifleman of ours. I hop our Jenner by the Galleon. Their Centurion bases our Wolfhound , the WLF-2. I rush our Ostroc through some rubble and next to their Galleon too. Our Centurion bases their Centurion. I leap a Phoenix hawk next to their Drillson, Quickdraw, and to the rear of their UrbanMech. Their Striker ejects. Weapons time baby!

Our Valkyrie hits the head of the downed Vindicator with a medium laser. But not dead yet.
Our Stalker 3F destroys the FRL of their Goliath.
Their Drillson nails a leg actuators in our PXH-1; one of their Zephyrs does too
Our Hunchback’s AC20 nails the LT of their Wasp, destroys it, and then fires a medium laser and destroys the CT.
Our Grand Dragon hits and destroys the Goliath after decoying the RT.
A small laser from our Awesome lances into the head of their Vinidicator and finishes it.
One of our Warhammer gets a limb blown off critical against their Eagle’s RA
Before it died, their Goliath nailed one of the PPCs on our wounded Awesome #2
Our Thunderbolt immobilizes the other Po
Our Crusader stuns the crew in their Alacorn for a turn.
Our Marauder 3D destroys the RT of their Eagle.

Mechs that fall – Their UrbanMech, Eagle, and our Phoenix Hawk. Our T Bolt kicks and destroys the LS of a Po. Nobody falls.

That was a good turn. We regained momentum after the many head hits last turn.

Turn 5 – We lose init. They manage to rise their Urbie. They move the Brutus in the same hex as the UrbanMech. I begin to push in the middle moving forward again. We have a bru-haha in the south that I pull back from. That’s where their Helios, Axman, Brutus, Quickdraw, Banshee, and Thunder are. Their Galleon rushes one of our Awesomes. I stand our Phoenix Hawk and move it away. Their Eagle rises too. Weapons!

Our Jenner immobilizes a Scorpion which is then destroyed by our Ostroc.
Their Puma destroys our PXH-1 CT and a few other parts are destroyed too.
Before it goes, our PXH takes our their Drillson.
Our other PXH, the PXH-1K hits the LB10X AC on their UrbanMech
Our Rifleman hits the engine once on the UM too
Our Awesome, #2, immobilizes their Alacorn.
Our Crusader hits the gyro and engine once each on their Eagle
One of our Trebuchets, the TBT-5N destroys their other Vedette ammo – boom!
They go internal in two places on our Hunchback
Our Stalker 5M destroys the Eagles CT
Our Archer stuns their Alacorn crew for 3 more turns.
Our Stalker hits the engine once on their Banshee.

Their Axman carves into our dead Phoenix Hawk’s CT and the engine’s safety systems are compromised and it explodes!!!

As it does:

It hits their Po for 13 damage
Their Brutus for 27 damage – immobilized
Their Axman for 13
Their Thunder for 27 – their Thunder’s LT’s AC 20 ammo is hit in the explosion. CASE keeps the Mech alive, but the XL engine shuts it down. No more Thunder!
Their UrbanMch takes 27 and its destroyed massively!!!

And their URBANMECH also has its engine explode TOOO!!!

Holy Crap

The Brutus, in the same square, is automatically destroyed. (And unrecoverable to boot!)
A few mechs take minor damage from the Urban mech explosion (Zeus, Helios, Axman – all take 1 or 3 damage)

Alright, back to the PXH explosion, already in progress:

Their Helios takes 13 damage.

After taking more than 100 damage, their Banshee stays standing! (The pilot needed a 10 to stay standing, and did). No other falls. A Marauder kicks and immobilized their Saracen Medium Hover Tank. Our Comet kicks and stuns the crew on their Rhino tank

THAT was a turn!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-31-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote