View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So, here’s the question:

Is Nanking worth it?

Do we get enough from Nanking to make securing it and protecting ourselves against a new potential enemy worth it?

I mean we certainly have spent some time investing in companies that make ‘Mechs – Lantren Corporation makes Grasshoppers and Quickdraws. Lang makes Shadow Hawks. Kressly makes a handful of mechs we like enough to use (Attila, Alexander, Bumblebee, Greyhound) and then some we don’t like that much (Bandersnatch, Lineholder). That’s it.

The Coalition can easily use this immediate injection of mechs.

How much?

A dumbed down Exterminator. A upgraded Shadow Hawk (I know, that’s funny). Wolverine. Tanks like the Ontos and Partisan.

That’s not a bad addition to the Coalition. Along with the Legions in Liberty, the Brutus, Blizzard and such over at Kressly, this gives us some more tank-age. Meanwhile, we add more mech lines quickly.

Although, if we wanted to add Ontos and Partisan that much we could have taken Sirius.

Are there any other major company worlds nearby???

Ruchbah makes like a bajillion different VTOLS if we care about that in any way shape or form. Errai has some Battlemech making facilities. Those are good on the Davion side – Steiner? New Earth

I’m not interested in taking systems from the FWL, CC, or DC. Two are future-allies and the other is not a dragon I want to wake up.

So here is the question. Will the Nanking campaign be an example of us getting too big for our britches?

We might need to play it closer to the vest to these sorts of places.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote