View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #1016
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Summer Break

A whole two weeks between the end of Wimbledon and the Summer Olympic Games in Tunisia. Those have just begun, and now comes the most concentrated period of top events the tour can offer. Olympics-Canada-Cincy-off week-US Open-WTC QF. That's just insane, and you pretty much have to be a dominant generational talent to have any chance of running the table. Everyone's going to get tired.

It's kind of weird, but this year I don't have to worry about that. I don't have a Top 10 player even, so none of mine are going to get enough matches to be fatigued. Have fun, ye masters of the universe!

Even so, Sushant Chiba rested both weeks. Amrik Kasaravalli entered the Swedish Open 250, where he gave 2-seed Lucas Perez a real run for his money before falling 7-5 in the third. That was in the quarterfinals, his predicted point of departure. The youngsters headed off to their first challenger, a tier-2 in Manta, Ecuador. There were a couple of CH3s the same week, but they actually had tougher fields for whatever reason. I go where the resistance is weakest. Nasir Chittoor made the semis routinely, where he ran into Odimos Csollang. You may remember him mentioned a while back as a super-fast riser. Csollang is a meteoric, max-aging-factor talent with pretty astounding athleticism. Because of how the calculations work, he's currently above physical peak (101%). So yeah, Chittoor won four games and was probably fortunate to get that many. Still a solid haul, same points as an FT1 win in one fewer match played, and for right now this is all I'm looking for. Get a few rounds in to the smaller events while developing the skills to do better and the ranking to play bigger ones. Satyagit Guha made it through singles qualifying which got him a few points, but the pairing crashed out in their first doubles qualie match. That was a bit of a surprise.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote