View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #626
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Aug 9, 2014 (afternoon)
Blyth (0-0-0) vs Barrow (0-0-0)
We're at home but Barrow is a Pick 'Em favorite in the BSB North season opener. Fair enough, they finished 3rd last season while we were 11th.
We'll start out 4-4-1-1 Counter.

GK: Dovey
D: Deen-Conteh, Kerr, Seidu, Groves
M: Musungu, Baker, Smyth, Moke
F: Paratore, Cofie
Subs: (Williamson, Ivanusa, Rickard, Davies, McDonald)

5' - Cofie takes a second long shot of the match, this one goes wide
11' - Groves takes a crack from the point, easily saved
13' - Smyth heads a corner just over the bar
22' - Paratore corner to the far post for Seidu ... header ... off the underside of the bar ... GOAL ! (1-0)
27' - Musungu to Paratore for a diving header ... denied
33' - Smyth is knocked, goes off for treatment
42' - Paratore centers one for Moke but Cofie is on it instead, has a pop ... GOAL ! (2-0) ... switch to Defensive for rest of half
44 - Kerr deflects a pass into the box but Barrow has a man there to pounce and score (2-1)

Halftime: Well damn. I caution players against complacency, they don't all respond too well to that. I do a little backpatting and only Musungu is still pissed. Switch back to Counter.

51' - Kerr just misses off a set piece
52' - Barrow hits the crossbar, Kerr finally clears the rebound
60' - Sub Williamson (for Smyth, tiring after knock)
63' - Dovey with a leaping save
72' - Sub Davies (for Paratore, tired) ... shift Moke to AMC
74' - Barnes-Homer hits the crossbar for Barrow ... switch to Contain
83' - Sub Ivanusa (for Groves, exhausted) ... shift Seidu to MR ... shift Williamson to DC ... switch to 4-1-3-1-1 Contain
89' - 3 minutes added
90+ - Baker gets a yellow card
90:41 - Dovey makes a save
92:30 - Cofie breaks up their attack, earns a time-wasting corner

Full time: Blyth 2 - Barrow 1
Paratore is MOM, bossing the midfield to the tune of a 9.0 with two assists.

August 9, 2014 (postmatch)
The staff isn't impressed, but I am, earning the squad a "Well done boys". Today was Kerr's Blyth debut & 75th total league appearance, Cofie's 50th league appearance. Baker & Ivanusa make their Blyth debuts. Fitness was a bit disconcerting, way too many players were sucking wind near the end.

Elsewhere in BSBN, former trialist Mehdi Kerrouche scored in his debut for Gainsborough, former loaner Andrai Jones debuted for Eastleigh and former trialist Leon Clarke scored in his Braintree debut.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-05-2014 at 10:13 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote