View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #629
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Aug 16, 2014 (evening)
Blyth (2-0-0, 2nd BSBN) vs Chester (0-1-1, 18th BSBN)

Our fast start has the oddsmakers going mild, we're a 5:4 favorite at home. We'll start 4-4-1-1 Standard and figure things out as we go.

GK: Dovey
D: Donald, Kerry, Seidu, Groves
M: Musungu, Baker, Paratore, Moke
F: Smith, Cofie
Subs: (Williamson, Smyth, Rickard, Ivanusa, McDonald)

9' - Dovey easily saves a quick shot off a corner
13' - Smith doesn't strike cleanly on a long shot, it's harmless
24' - No denying a wide open shot off a corner (0-1) ... switch to Attacking as we've done a fair job of possession thus far
37' - Safe hands by Dovey on a long line drive shot

Halftime: Bleh. 6.0 and 6.1 ratings abound. Strategic tweaks since we can't do much that works so far, especially with crosses.

45:30 - Moke centers a pass to Musungu who fires ... GOAL ! (1-1)
His first ever goal for Blyth .... That's the first cross we've completed all day, previously 0/13.
48' - Donald gets the benefit of the doubt on a tight challenge in the box, we avoid a penalty
57' - Baker has a long try, for naught
67' - Groves is hurt, has to leave ... Sub Williamson ... shift Seidu to DR
74' - Baker to Cofie alone in front ... offside
76' - Sub Rickard (for Cofie, 5.8) ... shift Smith to STR ... change to 4-4-2
85' - Donald is hurt, must leave ... Sub Ivanusa
89' - A long free kick by Chester sails wide, narrowly missing their injure player who was off for treatment
89' - 5 minutes added
92:35 - Musungu skips past a defender on the left wing ... long run .. cross to the middle but no one is th ... MOKE ! MOKE ! MOKE ! out of nowhere the winger comes sliding into the play, his foot meets the ball at the perfect moment and it's in ... keeper had no chance ... (2-1) ... switch to Contain

Full time: Blyth 2 - Chester 1

August 16, 2014 (postmatch)
Incredible goal, shocking sudden win. Musungu (8.2) is MOM with a goal and an assist. Moke also 8.2. Cofie just 5.8, Kerry only 6.1. Can't imagine we'll come away with points too often with those players having those days.

Musungu gets his first league goal, Donald his league debut

Post-match, reporters tell me that Chester coach Clint Hill "doesn't care for my playing style" ... I respond that it may be a long difficult season for Chester and assert that I'm not really Hill's biggest fan.