View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #646
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tue Sep 23, 2014 (evening)
Blyth (7-2-0, 1st BSBN) at Harrogate (0-3-6, 21st BSBN)
We're 1:2 favorites on the road as we try to continue the streak before the FA Cup 2nd Round Qualifier. Planned to rest several key starters but some of those players objected {shrug}. We'll go 4-4-2 Diamond Counter for the first time this year.

GK: Dovey
D: Ivanusa, Kerr, Seidu, Groves
M: Ahmed, Musungu, Janneh, Moke
F: Degages, Rickard
Subs: (Sawyer, Shulton, Lobjoit, Williamson, McDonald)

0' - We kickoff, pass the ball around a few times then send it to Moke who casually dribbles down the middle of the pitch, into the area and shoots, right off the keepers hands ... GOAL ! (1-0) ... just 46 seconds into the match
6' - Desgages gets a yellow card for tripping
20' - Nice passing to set up Rickard for a shot, he misses wide left ... switch to Attacking
38' - Flood bangs one past Dovey to level it (1-1)... back to Counter

Halftime - Well that went south in a hurry.
45:30 - Flood comes in all alone, Dovey punches it away
64' - Sub Sawyer (for Ivanusa, tired) ... switch to Standard
71' - Sub Lobjoit (for Janneh, tired) ... shift Moke to MR, Rickard to AMC
82' - Switch to Control
83' - Sawyer wheels a blind cross into the box ... Moke is there with a diving header ! (2-1)
86' - Flood splits two defenders and shoots ... high over the bar ... switch to Contain
89' - 3 minutes added time
91:30 - Sawyer backpasses to Dovey but misses completely, gives Harrogate a corner
92:20 - The ball is loose right in front of the post, Seidu taps it ... Dovey scoops it up

Full time: Blyth 2 - Harrogate 1
Moke (8.8) is obviously MOM. Ahmed rated (7.0) better than it looked. Rickard (5.9) and Desgages (6.0) were atrocious, and that's being kind.
A good team would have beaten us senseless tonight but instead the unbeaten streak goes to 14 matches. Rickard made his 25th league appearance for us, Sawyer made his 50th.

Sept 23, 2014 (postmatch)
Luckily the post-match press questions were all about Moke who was easy to praise.