View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 06:51 PM   #763
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

These are for after Wimbledon. Because I'm lazy, I neglected at the time to do the Race stuff. We all know who's on top anyway.

Top Rankings

1. Mateo Kaspar(FRA, 28) -- 17,830

Kaspar has now tied the once-untouchable singles Slam record, and it appears he has every intention of smashing it to bits. So far this has been a bounce-back season, with only a lone loss(Zarco in the Madrid QF).

2. Ritwik Dudwadkar(SRI, 27) -- 11,070

Won Madrid and made the final everywhere else, but even on clay could not fell the King. Staying right where he is as the clear, highly distant #2.

3. Guus Dircx(NLD, 27) -- 7,690

Also pretty-much locked in place.

4. Hsuang-tsung Teng(NZL, 27) -- 6,210

The clear pecking order continues.

5. Dick Blake(USA, 25) -- 4,280

Blake continues to lead the next generation, but they aren't ready yet.

6. Gregory Mackenzie(USA, 26) -- 4,255

America's young studs are starting to assert themselves as they approach their prime.

7. Matthew Panter(USA, 26) -- 4,090

8. Martin Zarco(ESP, 28) -- 3,910

Falling fast, like many of the old guard.

9. Gilberto Chinaglia(ITA, 24) -- 3,800

Just treading water.

10. Cristian Castegali(MEX, 25) -- 3,535

11. Karl Kaspar(FRA, 22) -- 3,375

The younger Kaspar is coming, make no mistake about it.

12. Ruben Piazzola(CHI, 26)

Pretty sharp fall, and an early one for him.

13. Prakash Mooljee(SRI, 33)

Free-falling now.

15. Stuart Pargeter(USA, 24)

Only fourth in his own country, but Pargeter figures to pick up some more positions soon with all of the declining vets.

17. Hamal Sbai(MOR, 24)

20. Serge Cardone(FRA, 25)

Cardone was 33rd at the start of the year; he's really charging.

22. Veini Aikio(FIN, 23)

Him too.

28. Hugo Cordova(USA, 23)

Up-and-down, and still underachieving but has time.

32. Lucas Kaspar(FRA, 22)

Third of the clan joins the inner circle. I'd like them to go away, but that's not happening.

38. Stanley Edleman(USA, 21)

Close to his next goal; made the third round at Wimbledon. He appears to have left the challenger ranks a bit early; it's been a few months since he played any.

44. Sushant Chiba(SRI, 21)

Not far off Edleman's heels now, but losses in the final of Braunschweig(second year in a row) and Kosice(tier-2 CH) show that Sushant is close ... but not there yet. This is as expected. Improving his skills, not rankings, is most important for the rest of the year. He's about where he should be, and will probably make the jump next season unless he does great in the end-of-year push.

222. Anil Mehul(SRI, 41)

The challenger days are over now, and he hasn't played doubles in a while. Last two futures events he went out in the semis and quarterfinals, and I figure him to stay at the futures level the rest of the way now.

970(J). Amrik Kasaravalli(SRI, 15)

He's about on track for his young age, but has won only a single main-draw match. Not quite up to the tier-5 juniors level of competition even, but he should be soon. The usual even skill/service training split is ongoing, and mostly finished.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote