View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 07:57 AM   #770
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Two things really:

** Don't start the year off in a slump. Third-round loss to Allende at the AO really hurt.

Of course there's not much you can do about that, which means it's more about:

** Don't be unlucky :P. Pargeter has just had a rough year. QF loss to Chinaglia at RG was as good as anyone played him, and then the 5th-set TB defeat against Dudwadkar at the USO, also in the quarters. Shanghai/Canada/Miami early losses ... just had some bad matches in unforunate spots and then narrow misses at opportunities to break through and gain back some of the lost ground.

Even with all that still a year away from hitting your best play, but yeah it's just been a hard-luck season. I don't see anything wrong with scheduling and my calculations show your rating at 8.37(+0.06 so far over the start of the year) so you are still training and improving. Stay the course and things will eventually starting swinging your way again. As said, it's a packed field and unfortunately you were one of those who got pushed out. I have been surprised that you weren't able to stick in the Top 8 but I don't think it's anything more than bad luck.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 04-13-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote