View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #1660
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, I knew that a strong wolf team coming out of the elimination of the other team would likely be too strong for the Department to defeat, so I put this mechanic in as a "just in case". It was only to be triggered if the surviving wolf team had three or more members. Two or less, and the Fish would have still continued to be convertible. Also, this only triggered after a wolf team was eliminated. So congrats on "beating the odds" and enabling this mechanism.

Frankly, I was a little surprised no one hit on Jackal earlier. Each team had six chances before the Crew was eliminated. I realize the two sides didn't know who the other side was fishing, but you go in knowing 8 of the 21 aren't the Fish (because they're wolves). I would have thought with each side having a 6 tries in 13 non-wolves chance, not even counting potential candidates getting voted off and The Jackal himself trying to drop a hint or two, that someone would have hit on the Fish before a wolf team was eliminated.

That's funny -- I didn't really see our 3-0 position as *that* strong, since we all had to be pretty public to get to that point, making it easier for them to pick us off one by one. I think our strategy of having me be "the" public guy worked pretty well, as The Heinz and path were able to help our cause if needed, but look less overt about it compared to me.

I loved playing this game as a wolf, but I could understand the villagers getting sick of it. It was cool to have to try to communicate with the other wolf team, but to have to not be obvious about it. And I think both wolf teams did a great job of not outing the wolves on the other team in their play.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote