View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #51
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

I'm not a huge Skip Holtz fan either, but his was one of the names mentioned due to his connections with the Kansas athletic department.

Turner Gill has definitely struggled at Buffalo this season and he's not high on my list either, but we have to understand that he inherited a mess at Buffalo and his recruiting connections in Texas haven't necessarily helped him in Buffalo for obvious reasons. I still think he's a few seasons away from a BCS job, but his name is being thrown out because of his daughter attending college at KU and his ties to the conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24 View Post
Skip Holtz walked away from Kansas AD Lew Perkins at Connecticut to take a coordinator job with his father at South Carolina. What he left at UConn was worse then what you'd have in an empty cupboard FOF career.

He did a decent job over his 5 seasons and got to a 1-AA quarterfinal where they got destroyed by Georgia Southern. That team was set up for one run, he made it and then he disappeared. Maybe he'd be successful at an ACC program with low expectations but I wouldn't expect huge things if he got the Kansas job.

the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote