View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 03:54 AM   #1
Raven
College Prospect

Building a Strat-O-Matic Dynasty

Note: I am writing this retroactively. I joined this league at the beginning of 2013, but didn't start writing until March of 2015. While I have a lot of information documented from the past 2 years, there will be some details missing until I catch up. (e.g. I won't know what Standings were at different points in time, but would know my own record and end of season standings) Once I catch up to the present, I plan on writing this in more detail; I'll focus more on individual games, decision making, and stats, as well.

History
Back in the summer of 2012, I went out on a limb and purchased Strat-O-Matic Baseball. I had never played the game before, but had been a long time baseball fanatic, stats junkie, and sim player. It had probably been 8-9 years since I left the RWBL (OOTP league formed here at FOFC), and hadn't played any sports sims since.

I enjoyed the game, but quickly realized that it would be hard to find people to play against. I soon found a local league that played out their games Face-to-Face with Cards and Dice, and inquired about joining. They had one opening, and two applicants. So they took a vote and decided to expand. I got the expansion team; the other guy got the open existing team.

The league previously had 14 teams in 2x7 division, but with expansion we went with a 3x5 structure.

My expansion team had already been pre-selected from the leftovers after the 2012 draft. It wasn't a whole lot to work with, and i'd basically be building this team up from scratch. There wouldn't just be the challenge of competing and building a winner, there'd also be the extra challenge of starting with very little to begin with.

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote