View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #334
sabotai
General Manager

Addendum: to the last review:

I wrote it up quickly and I feel like, reading it over, that I put too much emphasis on the Monster talking, as if that turned a good movie bad.

That was really an overall minor point. IMO, the greatest sin the movie committed was bring Dr. Frankenstein back to life. Pet peeve of mine when sequels do that by itself. It's even worse when bringing him back to life completely undermines the theme of the first movie. Dr. Frankenstein is given the ultimate punishment for trying to play god. The sequel takes that punishment away.

IMO, It would have been a far better movie had Septimus Pretorius had to recreate Frankenstein's research and experiment on his own, rather than just forcing a "actually he's not dead" Dr. Frankenstein into doing it. It was a redemption arc for Dr. Frankenstein that I just simply didn't buy.

Also, at just 75 minutes, the movie still felt long. Like there was only 60 minutes of movie there, but it was stretched to 75 with meaningless scenes (like the little people scene).

But, like I said, most people seem to really love it so don't listen to me.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-02-2021 at 02:56 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote